Red Ribbon Week
October 22-26, 2018
Red Ribbon Week is a national event that helps unite students against negative behaviors and helps promote making positive choices. At East Side, we encourage students to be drug-free, stand up against bullying, and to make positive choices. This PTA sponsored event encourages students to be involved in each day’s theme.
- Monday, October 22nd: Wear something RED today. Each student will also receive a “Red Ribbon” sticker from their teacher
- Tuesday, October 23rd: Use Your Head, Make Healthy Choices. Come to school in a crazy hat, crazy hair or crazy socks
- Wednesday, October 24th: #eastsidebekind. Show your East Side Pride and wear your favorite school shirt or the school colors
- Thursday, October 25th: Team Up Against Bullying. Wear your favorite sports team shirt or team colors
- Friday, October 26th: Be Someone’s Hero. Superheroes stand up to bullies. Dress up as your favorite superhero today.
In addition to the daily themes, the PTA is sponsoring a Poster Contest. Posters should display at least one of these themes:
- Be Someone’s Hero, Stand up to Bullying
- Say Boo to Bullying
Include your name, grade and teacher to be eligible to win. Posters can be left in the mailroom until 7:50 a.m. on Wednesday, October 24th, for a chance to win a prize.
Red Ribbon Week is sponsored by the East Side PTA. For more information, email event chair Amy Miller at email@example.com.